Iowa Water Center Events
The Iowa Water Center is proud to conduct, sponsor and support water-related seminars, symposia, conference and other events. Please check back often to view any events in which we will participate. If you are interested in inviting IWC to partake in an event, please contact us.
Iowa Water Conference
11th Annual Iowa Water Conference
Watershed Management: Partnerships for Progress
March 22-23, 2017
Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa
The theme of the 11th annual Iowa Water Conference, “Watershed Management: Partnerships for Progress,” promotes water resource management from a watershed perspective, with a particular emphasis on the partnerships necessary to accomplish goals. Improving water management on a watershed scale is a complex undertaking due to the variety and sheer number of stakeholders. Watersheds do not adhere to political jurisdictions; they often cross borders of different cities of town, counties, and in some cases, states.
The conference planning committee held an open call for presentation applications to tell stories of successes and lessons learned through forged partnerships while providing updates on the latest technical approaches to water management from a variety of perspectives.The call for presentations submittal deadline was August 14, 2016. The agenda will be released in December.
The Iowa Water Conference is IWC's largest outreach and collaboration effort. The conference is designed to bring together multi-disciplinary organizations and institutions to discuss relevant water issues in Iowa. The inaugural event in 2006 combined several existing conferences with the purpose of coordinating research and management efforts. Today's conference draws nearly 400 attendees and still strives to encompass the whole of Iowa's water landscape including expanding into realms of education and outreach, conservation, policy and regulations.
The conference website is www.iowawaterconference.org. A past event page will be added to the conference with links to presentation slides and videos as well as lists of award winners will be made available after the conference.
- 2017 Spirit of the Water Essay Contest. Click here for more information.
- 2016 Iowa Water Conference - AtTENtion - EnlighTEN- InTENsify: TEN years of the Iowa Water Conference - March 23-24, 2016. Event page
- Art of Water 2016 - March 23, 2016. Event page
- Virtual Soil Erosion Symposium - February 26, 2016. Event page
- 2015 Iowa Water Conference -Currents & Currencies: Trends and Motivators for Better Water Management- March 2-3, 2015. Event page
- 2014 Iowa Water Conference- Making Connections, Solving Problems: Water strategies for success in a changing world- March 3-4, 2014. Event page
- 2013 Iowa Water Conference - H2O: Humans, Science and Oversight - March 4-5, 2013. Event page
- 2010 Forum: A Culture of Conservation: The Tools We Need to Grow. January 13, 2010, hosted in conjunction with Iowa Learning Farm and The Leopold Center.
- 2009 Iowa Water Conference - March 9-10, 2009.
- 2008 Iowa Water Conference - February 26-27, 2008.
- 2008 Poster Symposium and Field Day - Sept 11, 2008