Iowa Water Center Events
The Iowa Water Center is proud to conduct, sponsor and support water-related seminars, symposia, conference and other events. Please check back often to view any events in which we will participate. If you are interested in inviting IWC to partake in an event, please contact us.
Iowa Water Center Spirit of the Water Essay Contest
The Iowa Water Center would like to invite students from around the state to participate in the 2017 Iowa Water Center Spirit of the Water Essay Contest and share with us how water inspires them. Click here for more information.
Iowa Water Conference
11th Annual Iowa Water Conference
Watershed Management: Partnerships for Progress
March 22-23, 2017
Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa
The theme of the 11th annual Iowa Water Conference, “Watershed Management: Partnerships for Progress,” promotes water resource management from a watershed perspective, with a particular emphasis on the partnerships necessary to accomplish goals. Improving water management on a watershed scale is a complex undertaking due to the variety and sheer number of stakeholders. Watersheds do not adhere to political jurisdictions; they often cross borders of different cities of town, counties, and in some cases, states.
The conference planning committee held an open call for presentation applications to tell stories of successes and lessons learned through forged partnerships while providing updates on the latest technical approaches to water management from a variety of perspectives.The call for presentations submittal deadline was August 14, 2016. The agenda will be released in December.
The Iowa Water Conference is IWC's largest outreach and collaboration effort. The conference is designed to bring together multi-disciplinary organizations and institutions to discuss relevant water issues in Iowa. The inaugural event in 2006 combined several existing conferences with the purpose of coordinating research and management efforts. Today's conference draws nearly 400 attendees and still strives to encompass the whole of Iowa's water landscape including expanding into realms of education and outreach, conservation, policy and regulations.
Register online for the conference here. Early registration ends on March 10, 2017. Late registration fees go in effect on March 11th up until the day of the conference. Early student registration is $75 before midnight, March 10 and $100 after that. Currently enrolled high school or college students qualify.
Scholarships to attend the conference are available to any full-time student ranging from high school-level to graduate level. The online application process can be found at the conference registration website.
- 2016 Iowa Water Conference - AtTENtion - EnlighTEN- InTENsify: TEN years of the Iowa Water Conference - March 23-24, 2016. Event page
- Art of Water 2016 - March 23, 2016. Event page
- Virtual Soil Erosion Symposium - February 26, 2016. Event page
- 2015 Iowa Water Conference -Currents & Currencies: Trends and Motivators for Better Water Management- March 2-3, 2015. Event page
- 2014 Iowa Water Conference- Making Connections, Solving Problems: Water strategies for success in a changing world- March 3-4, 2014. Event page
- 2013 Iowa Water Conference - H2O: Humans, Science and Oversight - March 4-5, 2013. Event page
- 2010 Forum: A Culture of Conservation: The Tools We Need to Grow. January 13, 2010, hosted in conjunction with Iowa Learning Farm and The Leopold Center.
- 2009 Iowa Water Conference - March 9-10, 2009.
- 2008 Iowa Water Conference - February 26-27, 2008.
- 2008 Poster Symposium and Field Day - Sept 11, 2008